Monday, March 3, 2008

LONNIE LISTON SMITH

http://www.lonnielistonsmith.net


Image from http://www.thelivemusicreport.com

Lonnie Liston Smith is another name I've heard in association with jazz for a while. I believe he began recording in the 70's. Some may recognize his hit Expansion if they play the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Driver: Parallel Lines.

If you've checked out my blog before you'll no I don't do the biographies, just give you the links so you can read from someone who knows more than I do. I'll just tell you who I think you give a listen to. Take a listen:



This second video is not a peformance of Lonnie Liston Smith but it features "Expansions" which I mentioned above. It's kind of a cool video.

2 comments:

[G@ttoGiallo] said...

Thanks to remind me of Lonnie...
I have a nice stock of favs on YT and plan to start a "monday jazz" on ParisPointGriset"... let's bubble life !
Greeting fm Paris.

2sweetnsaxy said...

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.