Monday, January 14, 2008

MILT JACKSON

Wikipedia
http://hardbop.tripod.com/milt.html
(January 1, 1923 - October 9, 1999)



Milt Jackson was nicknames "Bags" because he carried his collapsable vibraphone in a bag on his back. He was also know to stay up late (hence, bags under the eyes - smile). He was probably most known being in the Modern Jazz Quartet though for a short time prior to that the band had been called the Milt Jackson Quartet. They performed together for some 20 years, broke up and then got back together several years later.

2 comments:

"Loveable" said...

OK - So take me back and have me remembering my youth and free concerts in the mall with Lionel Hampton...you are so wrong. LOL

I got a big grin on my face...as we use to say, "This is Boss!"

2sweetnsaxy said...

LOL! I'm glad this made you grin. The best kind of music takes you back and makes you grin.