Thursday, January 31, 2008

MILES "DEWEY" DAVIS III

(May 24, 1926 - September 28, 1991)

http://www.milesdavis.com
Wikepedia



Of all of the musicians I've looked up so far, Mile Davis has the longest bio in Wikipedia. When one thinks of jazz and the horn there are only three names that come to my mind that everyone will or should know - Louis Armstrong, Dizzie Gillespie and Miles Davis. I'm not one for getting into biographies. Though I enjoy reading them, I'll just leave a link and leave it up to you to read one if you like. Check out the Wikepedia or miledavis.com link for a good bio.

Personally, I could never quite get into Miles Davis. Every time I saw him he seemed odd and even looking for a clip, in each of the more recent clips he always had his head down, seemed into his own little world. Maybe it was that he was sometimes struggling with drug addictions, maybe he was just so close to musical genius he was odd that way. I do know that people who like Miles Davis LOVE Miles Davis.

You can judge for yourself on this one. I'll give you an old clip and a more recent one.



2 comments:

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

How does one go about buying a Miles Davis painting, such as the one you have on the right side bar? Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It is great, isn't it? The artist on that is Debra Hurd. Here is a link to her site and you can purchase it there.

http://www.debrahurd.com/prints.html