Sunday, February 10, 2008

LIONEL HAMPTON

Lionel Hampton - Life & Legacy
Wikipedia

(April 20, 1908 - August 31, 2002)


(Image from http://www.jazzprofessional.com)


(Image from http://www.wikipedia.com)

Lionel Hampton, percussionist, band leader and vibraphonist is another jazz legend most known for playing the vibraphone. Funny, all this time I thought it was the xylophone. This is another musician I can't say much about except that I know he's a legend and I've always enjoyed watching him play the vibraphone. This is someone else you'll have to listen in the clips below and check out the bio on him on the link above at Wikipedia. The Life & Legacy link is also a great source of information with more photos and videos.



The clip below is one I found that I actually remember from a Danny Kaye movie with Lionel Hampton and Benny Goodman.



The video below is a sample of Lionel Hampton's diversity, in a "drum-off" between himself and two other drummers Louis Bellson and Don Lamond.

2 comments:

Lyn Lomasi said...

What a cool blog! I also love music. :-)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Thank you Mommy2lots!