Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HERBIE HANCOCK WINS GRAMMY



At the 50th Grammy Awards, Herbie Hancock wins Album of the Year and Best Contemporary Jazz Album. A jazz album has not won a grammy award 1965 when it was won by Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto. Though Herbie Hancock has 10 Grammy Awards this is the first time he was nominated for Album of The Year. And he won - two times! This means a lot to the jazz world since it seems the world has slipped jazz into their back pocket and we jazz lovers are forgotten about when it comes to being entertained.

The album that won was River: The Joni Letters.



Congratulations Herbie!!


2sweetnsaxy raising her fist, making circle motions and singing Wooh! Wooh! Wooh! Wooh!

3 comments:

Jim's Words Music and Science said...

I love your blog- the design and content are great, and so is the message about paying for music.

In keeping with your message, I love the way you credit the sources of the photos and/or the photographers whose work you incorporate. I'm getting tired of seeing museum quality pictures that people are their own original work, when they clearly aren't.

But enough of then negative! We need more sites on jazz, and you have given a a beautiful one. I can't wait to explore the whole site.

I just bought Herbie's Grammy winner but haven't played it yet. I've been listening to Oscar Peterson, lately.

Glad I found you! Best wishes, Jim
http://greenchemistry.wordpress.com/
http://nearlynothingbutnovels.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful comment Jim! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit! Don't know if you've checked out my sax blog but you might like that one too:

http://2sweetnsaxy.blogspot.com

Jim's Words Music and Science said...

I've just had a chance to glance at the top post in the Sax blog (Dave Koz), but I'll be back to read though it all. Best wishes, Jim